Sunday 8 June 2014

Welcome to Beauty Gabble! First up... My Summer Body Routine

Hello and Welcome to Beauty Gabble's first ever blog post!

I thought Id give you a little insight in to who I am and what the blog is about before I dive in to the world of reviewing and product sampling. 

My name is Lottie and I'm currently a Student in the UK, living in the south of England. I have an astonishing love of all things beauty and fashion related. Having followed beauty bloggers for a number of years, Ive finally plucked up the courage to start my own, an idea I've been toying with for quite a while now. Ive previously worked on beauty counters and in fashion retail, I don't proclaim to be a professional make up artist but I reckon I know my way around a dressing table pretty well by now. My initial ideas for the blog include talking about some of my favourite products, general make up and skincare routines, new releases and possibly the occasional fashion or lifestyle post just for some refreshing content.

So for my first post I thought Id talk about something thats been playing on my mind for a while now and that's summertime! Yes, it's soon to be that time of year when we don our sunglasses and pull out the shorts and skirts that have been hibernating in our wardrobes for the last 6 months.
But Im sure Im not alone when I say that this change of season brings with it woeful concerns of whether our bodies are quite ready to be flashed in the summer sun. 

So in preparation for this time of year I have adopted a new body care routine that will (hopefully) have me summer wardrobe ready! Ive been on a weightless journey for a number of weeks now and that's all well and good but the idea of getting my legs out is still a daunting prospect. I do unfortunately have the dreaded 'orange-peel' affect on my upper thighs. So as I headed to my local Boots I was determined to find some remedies for my little cellulite problem.

The first in this little summer haul is the Nivea Good-bye Cellulite Gel-Cream (£10.89) which claims to firm and reduce the appearance of cellulite without the need to massage the product in. I have to admit before my trip to Boots, I did do a little pre-shop research and was impressed by this products reviews and was already set upon purchasing. Overall, Im pleased to say that I don't regret doing so! The formula is absorbed effortlessly and immediately leaves my skin feeling slightly taught and very soft. It does however, have that almost clinical generic cellulite cream smell. 
However, my second cellulite busting product more than makes up for this. The Sanctuary Sculpt & Smooth Anti-cellulite Treatment (£12.50) has the most heavenly scent on earth. The aroma is reminiscent of lemon meringue pie and for me provides an incredibly relaxing effect for bedtime. The formula requires more work than the Nivea offering but I would say that both deliver the same results. I have taken to using these two products in conjunction the first as a morning body cream and the latter as part of my pre-bedtime routine. In the last two weeks of using these products I have genuinely noticed a difference in the appearance of my cellulite, the simples seem less prominent and my legs seem just a little less wobbly in areas. 
So all in all, a successful shopping trip!
Now a post about summer skin would not be complete without a mention to one of my all time favourite body products and that is Soap And Glory's Breakfast Scrub (£8.00). Ive been repurchasing this product for years, I find it to be an incredibly effective pre-shave scrub leaving my legs super smooth. This sugar scrub is only needed once a week, the sugar and oatmeal granules buff away dead skin and unwanted little surface bumps easily. Now, the best feature of this product is without doubt the mouth-watering smell. Breakfast Scrub contains banana, almond, honey and best of all maple fragrance which just leaves me longing to taste it. So far, Ive managed to resist. 

So thus concludes my round up of my summer skin essentials, I hope i haven't waffled on too much for a first time post!
Id love to hear your thoughts and any body care products you couldn't live without.

Lottie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig